Having a neighbor stop in periodically as a favor to check your home may seem to be a good idea. However, when a serious issue arises or you need someone to take action on your behalf, your property can quickly become an inconvenience to your neighbor. That is why it is important to have a trained professional methodically inspect your home, complete a detailed inspection report per visit, and have the ability to coordinate licensed professionals to assist in the repair and maintenance of your home when necessary.
Unforeseen damage can happen at any time…especially in an unoccupied or vacant home. Your A/C compressor may go out, leaving your home victim to humid and stagnant air, causing the potential growth and spread of mold spores. A ceiling leak from a second floor condo may cause costly water damage to your property as well and let’s not forget hurricane and storm season. Many things can go wrong in 30 days in an unoccupied property. That is why we strongly recommend 2-4 home watch inspection visits per month.
Snowbird Home Patrol Home Watch Services is designed to give you peace of mind while you are away from your home. Your home is being inspected by professionals looking for potential problems. Our company has designed a checklist based on your individual needs and concerns. If a situation does arise, you will be notified so the problem can be dealt with in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
• Verify that all doors and windows are properly secure to minimize chance of break-ins.
• Check for evidence of water leaks or damage and check for visual signs of mold and mildew.
• Visual inspection for signs of insects and or rodents.
• Check that A/C is cooling and reset thermostat and humidistat settings if needed.
• Flush Toilets, run faucets and sink disposals.
• Check that main water valve is turned off after each inspection (unless otherwise requested by client).
• Check electric panel for tripped breakers.
• Visual inspection throughout property including lanai and garage.
• Walk exterior perimeter of single family homes to check pool condition, screening, signs of vandalism, etc.
• Home watch Inspection Report completed during each home watch inspection.
• IMMEDIATE reporting to Client of any abnormalities found.
A vacant home is a vulnerable home. The more preventative measures taken to prep your home for when you’re away, the less chance for problems. Along with preparation, it’s important to have a game-plan for when you’re away. A crucial part of that game-plan is to have a home watch professional conduct regular visits of your vacant home and provide you with a report of their findings each visit.
A detailed Home watch Inspection Report is completed during each home watch inspection. It will display the condition of your property along with the date and time the inspection is completed.
You no longer need to guess if someone was actually at your home. Our software system uses GPS so that you will know an inspector was actually at your property.